Friday, July 11, 2008

This Weekend: My Birthday!

My 34th birthday is on Monday, and to celebrate, I've taken this Friday and Monday off from my work at the Denver Post. Since my roadtrip earlier this year commemorating my First Year Anniversary of being a photographer was so successful, I am thinking about taking another mini-road trip to a scenic location.

A few months ago, I picked up this book, "A Guide to Colorado's Best Photography Locations" by photographer Andy Cook at the Denver Pro Photo store.



My goal is to systematically visit all of the places listed in this amazing book that holds a wealth of information for landscape photographers. Detailed directions, maps, and best seasonal shooting times make this book invaluable, plus it includes tips and techniques for bettering landscape photography skills.

I haven't decided where I'm going yet, but it will be a day trip I take on Sunday, since my friends want to take me out dancing Friday and Saturday. Where do you think I should go? Do you have a favorite Colorado scenic haunt you are willing to share with me?

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.