Thursday, December 31, 2009

Get the Job Done: Ringing in the New Year with a family portrait session




Tomorrow on Jan. 1, 2010, I will be ringing in the New Year with a family portrait session! My client called yesterday hoping that she, her husband and her 2 year-old child would be able to do a "quicky session" before her husband got deployed in less than two weeks. I can't wait to see dad and child dressed in some fatigues! How cute is that!

My client told me that she and her husband initially had a relative take some photos over the holidays, but the photos didn't capture what they wanted, including a noncluttered background. She became the first client to date to take advantage of one of my new gift cheques offering $50 off a $150 session fee until 12/31/09.

I've included some of my favorite in studio family portrait shots that I took this past year:

My sister, her boyfriend and my nephew


Ted and his children Jade and Isaiah


Elrie, and her sons Mike and Tyler


I think this family session is a great way to start the new year. My "quicky session" model I crafted during the senior portrait season including one hour of studio time, two 8x10s, four 5x7s and a sheet of wallets has been selling like hot cakes. It's also been a great time saver for me as well because instead of editing 50 to 200 shots that may not be purchased, I only spend my time fully processing the photos that clients choose from their proof galleries. That results in a quick turn around for them and me. Since I'm still loving my work at The Denver Post as a full time lifestyles reporter, it was important for me to develop a photography workflow that fit in my already busy schedule.

Here's my hope that your New Year brings with it health, happiness, success, and as my instructor Russ Burden always says "the best light" possible for amazing images in 2010!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.