Friday, February 26, 2010

This Weekend: Finally doing a maternity portrait session!

Photo by Phil Maland

Saturday afternoon I will finally get to participate in a maternity photo shoot! Several members of the Mile High Photographer's Femme Photographie group including workshop leader Shannon Marie Casey are meeting to shoot today at The Studio at SouthLands.

This is perfect timing, as I just got a call from Harriet earlier this week that she should be ready for some maternity shots next month. She will be the first bride whose wedding I've shot that will be having a child, and I can't be happier to be her growing family's official photographer. I would love to be able to recreate this great storyboard I found on Flickr this morning by photographer Yvonne Lorraine.

Photo by Yvonne Lorraine

I hope to be able to use some of the new low key lighting skills I picked up Wednesday in Bill Murphy's workshop. I will be editing some of my images this weekend.

This will be a new location for me, so I'm doubly excited to shoot there as well. The studio just has its grand opening on Feb. 25 in the new SouthLands Mall. I have been considering joining a studio so that I could have a more credible location for indoor shoots besides my basement studio. This studio's location so much closer to my home as well as it's great location in the SouthLands mall would offer some amazing curb appeal traffic. I will check out it's prices today to see how much membership would cost.



No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.