Thursday, June 24, 2010

Get the Job Done: First out-of-state assignment; First Quinceañera

a recent cover of Quinceanera Magazine


Tomorrow, I will be shooting my first Quinceañera! And as it turns out, it's also my first photographic assignment outside of Colorado, since the event will be held in Nebraska!

The Quince, Quinceañera, or Quince años (English: "fifteen years"), is a coming of age ceremony held in some Latin American cultures on a girl's fifteenth birthday and is similar to a "Sweet Sixteen" party. Friends and family attend the event recognizing the honoree's transition from girl to young lady.

I will be documenting the celebration for the lovely Miss Ali, the daughter of a close friend who has been following my work for many years now. When Ali's mother, Caroline, asked me if I could shoot Ali's Quinceañera, I was thrilled! The last time I saw Ali, she was just a little girl. She has grown to become an amazingly beautiful young woman and I feel honored to be able to participate in such an eventful year for her that included her first prom and her own Quinceañera.

I remember attending several of these colorful events as a child growing up in Texas. Comparable in scope to a wedding, the celebrated teen dons an expensive, unique gown akin to a wedding dress often in brilliant shades of color with flowers and decorations matching the scheme; a grand reception is held, and a live band or DJ is hired. Ali's celebration will include her "court of honor," a mass of Thanksgiving, a barbeque, a traditional father/daughter dance and a group waltz.

The scenery includes a family farm, country roads and greenery -- all of which should provide some great background for portraits. Please wish me luck on my first out-of-state gig! And thank you Caroline for trusting in me to capture this memorable time in your daughter Ali's life.

Here are some photos taken by Lisa Renee Photography Inc. to give you an idea of the kinds of images I will be shooting:





No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.