Friday, September 3, 2010

This Weekend: Editing, a senior portrait session and a wedding oh my!

Thank goodness this is a four day weekend for me, because after I finish doing all of my photography assignments ahead of me I will DEFINITELY need some rest!

I'm going to be editing like a mad woman, trying to get the shots done from Tierra's senior portrait session and Monique and Jessica's boudoir session:

Tierra's Senior Session:


TrueVirgos Boudoir Session:


Then tonight I will shoot a senior portrait session with Kawanna, my first student from East High! Kawanna was referred to me from Andrea, a security guard who works in the Denver Post building. Kawanna is Andrea's neice, and her booking has given Andrea $25 off her next photo session. Thanks Andrea! I can't wait to photograph you and your family when everyone is in town at the same time. Kawanna said she wanted both greenery and water as a backdrop for her portrait session. So this evening I'm taking her to one of my favorite locations, "a secret garden" nestled in the DU campus. I'm hoping to get a great sunset photo for Kawanna!

Tomorrow I will be serving as a second shooter for Krista and Scott's wedding! My friend and colleague Sean Donnelly has helped me countless times as a second shooter when I had wedding assignments. Now is my chance to help him out by serving as his second shooter during his friend Krista's wedding. I'm very excited about this because it will be my first time having exclusive coverage time with the groom and his party. As a lead wedding photographer, I usually end up shooting the bride and her party while they get ready for the ceremony. I haven't had the chance yet to shoot the groom, until tomorrow! Krista tells me Scott and his friends are very cool and look forward to "partying" with me before the ceremony, so I hope to get some fun casual and traditional shots.

You may remember that Krista and Scott were one of the couples that participated in an engagement workshop I set up for Mile High Photographers last year. Here are some of my favorite shots I took of the couple. This location is the same place where I'm going to be shooting Kawanna's senior portraits tonight!

Krista and Scott
Krista and Scott pose during their engagement portrait session at a Denver University Garden.

Scott takes Krista for a ride in this fun shot taking during their engagement portrait session at a Denver University garden .

Krista and Scott share a kiss during their engagement portrait session held at a Denver University garden.

Whew, I'm tired just thinking about all that! I need some strong chai. NOW!!!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.