Thursday, May 6, 2010

Get the Job Done: Conference coverage wrap-up

The Council on Foundations released today it's 2010 COF Annual Conference Wrap-up. The interactive presentation features photos I took at the event as well as videos of speakers presentations. Check out the presentation on this link.
Here is a screen shot sneak peek. It's so much fun to see my photos in this format and be able to point potential clients to the link in the future.



I found all of the speakers to be inspiring, including Former Vice President Al Gore's push for protecting and repairing the planet and U.S. Navy Adm. Mike Mullen's (the 17th chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff) plea to integrate returning veterans back into their communities. But the speaker who I thought gave me the most practical tools to bring about change in my own life was Chip Heath, author of “Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard.” Listen to his funny and heartfelt presentation here. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you probably saw my tweets sharing some insights I gained from Heath's speech.

I want to wish good luck to the photographer who wins the contract to shoot the council during their conference in Philadelphia next year. It was a lot of hard work, but it was fun and fast-paced. One of my shots taken of Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor to President Obama, appeared in the Wall Street Journal. And the networking opportunities are endless. Thank you COF for hiring me to shoot your event.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.