Sunday, May 10, 2009

Get Connected: Networking

I recently joined two emerging networking sites for photographers that I thought I should introduce you too, as well. It's always exciting to be a part of something that is new. You know I'm a big proponent of connecting with photographers as close as in your backyard or as far away as another continent. Doing so can fuse you with energy and inspiration. It's also a great way to learn about new opportunities including seminars, model shoots, classes, etc.



Ian Littauer, former publisher of Studio Photography, and imaginginfo.com has launched photoclique.com, the alpha version of a new photography news article and social networking portal. The site's insightful articles focus on products and services, tips and techniques, profiles and business marketing. The photographer community features photo albums, blogs, chat, classifieds, events, groups and poll applications to allow photographers to share experiences and help each other become better photographers. Have something to contribute? All press releases and articles can be sent to edit@photoclique.com for publishing consideration.

Have some fun personalizing your profile and giving potential clients another way to find you online. Check out my profile here and if you live in Colorado, join the group I created here.



Andrew Fashion Photography, based in Denver, created the bemodel.com portfolio hosting site. Similar to Model Mayhem, but with the latest in innovative social networking tools and features for this industry, bemodel connects photographers, models, makeup artists and stylists for organizing events, casting calls, photo shoots and portfolio building sessions. New members were able to get unlimited albums and photo uploads, as a thank you for beta testing, and received their own custom beModel URL (bemodel.com/yourname).



New features coming soon include a personal beModel email account (yourname@bemodel.com). The messages can be forwarded to your real email account for your convenience or you can use it separately. An online prints feature is on the horizon so members can print any photo they want instantly. Sign up at this URL.

I love checking out the work from members spotlighted every day on the site. Plus, it was incredibly easy to set up my own shoot I am hosting for Auraria Campus to promote their spring campus wear fashion line. Within days, I had numerous talented models online ready to shoot with me. My URL is www.bemodel.com/pictureyourworldphotography. Stop by!

3 comments:

High Throttle said...

Ma'am you really got a awesome blog..I just fall in love with it :) Happy to see such a good out come..Keep the good work..

Abhi
http://highthrottle.blogspot.com

High Throttle said...

You really have a great view for photography, hopefully you would teach me :)

Thanks.
Abhi
http://highthrottle.blogspot.com

PictureYourWorld said...

hi highthrottle...thanks for stopping by and showing me some love. I am still new to photography, so I'm sure we could teach each other lots! Don't be a stranger, and thanks for the encouragement. Glad I met you on blogcatalog.

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.