Monday, August 31, 2009

Get Connected: Facebook friends and fans only session discount!

This week on my studio's Facebook page, friends and fans are discussing: WHAT MAKES A GOOD PHOTO? Share your thoughts here and enter to win a $50 discount on your next photo session with Picture Your World Photography! I will use a random number generator to pick the winner based on how many people comment. Become a fan of Picture Your World Photography today!

An article in an All Things Photography newsletter got me to thinking again about something that's been on my mind: "what makes a good photo?" or even more specifically, "what makes a good photo in the eyes of a client?"

So many times I've been baffled by how subjective this really is. It amazes me how many times a client loves a photo I wouldn't have preferred. Of course, as a professional, I have learned how to view images from a compositional standpoint, evaluating it for symmetry, color balance and exposure and sharpness.

Most clients could care less about that stuff because that's what they've hired you to know! They just know that this image captured their high school's seniors first genuine smile during the photo shoot, or that that image is special because it captured a beloved neice they only get to see once or twice a year.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.