Thursday, August 6, 2009

Get the Job Done: Shooting opening night of a film festival


This evening, I will be shooting the opening ceremonies for the First Annual DocuWest Film Festival hosted by the Foothills Art Center in Golden. The event organizer asked Efrain Cruz, director of Illuminate Workshops, to provide student photographers to cover two days of festival. I told Efrain I would be able to work tonight's shift, photographing the reception, first moving screening and after party from about 6 till 10. As part of my compensation for the work, I get free access to film festival which as an interesting line-up of featured works.

I've never attended a festival like this, so I can't wait to see tonight's film "Kimjongilia." Accepted into the 2009 Sundance Film Festival, Kimjongilia reveals the shocking truth about North Korean forced labor camps as survivors talk about the horrors the experienced.

The event organize has asked for primarily posed shots as well as a few candids to show people enjoying themselves, both of which I'm very good at. Tonight's event should offer me more foundation building experience of shooting indoors in low lit areas. Plus, I am looking forward to meeting new artistic contacts in Golden, a city I haven't spent much time in, and gaining exposure for possible future clients. I'm glad to know that Efrain's referral network is working, providing opportunities for his students to be successful in their craft.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.