Sunday, January 17, 2010

Get the Job Done: Jessaca and Nathan's Wedding

Photo by Sean Donnelly

Sometimes persistence pays off. In the case of Jessaca and Nathan's Christmas Wedding in December, that perseverance made the ultimate difference in the coverage of one of the most memorable days in their lives.

If you remember, the officiant of Jessaca and Nathan's wedding originally refused to allow I and second shooting Sean Donnelly to shoot the service because it was considered a sacred ceremony. But I just couldn't get over the fact that this couple had hired me to shoot their wedding, but that I WOULDN'T actually be able to shoot the event. It bugged me so much that I tracked the officiant down just minutes before the ceremony and asked him again to tell me again if we would be violating church policy to shoot the ceremony. He said that flash would be disruptive during the ceremony and he didn't believe our equipment would be able to capture anything inside the dark church. When I told him we did have the equipment capable of shooting the wedding without flash and that we could shoot it from the balcony without disrupting the service, he said "go ahead, but the photos aren't going to be any good."

I'm glad he was able to look past his doubts to give us a chance to shoot the ceremony. It was the best gift I could ever have given Jessaca who had no idea that Sean and I were clandestinely photographing the wedding from balcony! I got some great story telling shots with my 24-70 while Sean snared some great detailed shots with his telephoto.



photo by Sean Donnelly

photo by Sean Donnelly

photo by Sean Donnelly

photo by Sean Donnelly

Fans and followers get a special gallery sneak peak. Check out Jessaca and Nathan's wedding using this link, password Zion. Just a few minutes ago, I edited the last image from Jessaca and Nathan's Christmas Wedding. Out of more than nearly 2000 images shot, 355 were edited and will be placed in her album.

Here are several of my favorites. If you like what you see and think my style meshes with how you envision your wedding day, book it with me today. I promise I will go above and beyond you, too!









photo by Sean Donnelly

photo by Sean Donnelly

I will post up more favorites from the reception later this week! Enjoy

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.