Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Get the Job Done: My first Quinceanera!



Ali's Quinceanera held last month in June was a great success, and I look forward to being able to shoot more of these cultural events in the future! The family received their final images this week, so I wanted to post several of my favorites on the blog. A Quinceaneara is a coming of age ceremony in some Latin American cultures celebrating a girl's 15th birthday. The scope is similar to a Sweet Sixteen with the grandeur of a wedding due to the honoree's gown, a court and a reception held after a church ceremony.

I drove to Paxton, Nebraska, to shoot Ali's ceremony, which started with a family barbecue. I enjoyed covering this event because it gave me an excellent chance to do some family portraits as well as some special event photography.

Today's blog is ALL ABOUT THE DRESS! I will post other photos taken of Ali's court, the ceremony and the dance-filled reception later.



















No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.