Sunday, March 1, 2009

Growing Pains: Blogging for Business


Quickbook Intuit's website offers a great list of the "20 Tips Every Business Should Know" to its customers to help them create a more efficient and profitable company. I wanted to begin offering this resource on my blog every Sunday in the "Growing Pains" post till we make it through all of them. Here is the next tip in the series:

Blogging for Business

A blog is a journal-style series of posts on a website. They're casual in nature, and readers can post responses or comments to blog posts. Blogs can be used to:

Let readers know about upcoming business product releases.
Test the market on new ideas.
Address customer concerns and issues.
Present a more personable face to the customer.
Provide resources for information on the industry.

My blog has been extremely beneficial for my business, allowing me to receive emails from clients interested in my services. I am also learning how to monetize my blog. I joined the B&H Affiliate Program where I receive commissions from B&H product sales generated through clicks on my blog. Basically, you keep your readers up-to-date on new product releases and sales, and earn a commission on the revenue.

This month, I received my first proceeds check for the sale of a 70-200 2.8 lens. My records don't show who purchased the lens, but I want to publically thank whomever of my blog readers who made that purchase! It was a great help to me in these trying financial times. And I will be sure to keep everyone updated on new B&H deals.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.