Saturday, February 28, 2009

Get the Job Done: Donating Proceeds from Photo Sales

Next week, two of my photos will be available for sale as part of the "Art for Endometriosis" charity event benefiting the Endometriosis Research Center. I have elected to donate 40 percent of any of my sales to the center, and I'm very excited about the prospect of having something I've created support an important cause.

Endometriosis (say "en-doh-mee-tree-OH-sus") is a problem many women have during their childbearing years. A type of tissue that lines the uterus is also growing outside the uterus. This does not always cause symptoms, and it usually is not dangerous. But common symptoms are pain and abnormal bleeding. In some cases, endometriosis can cause infertility.

My friend and colleague Sean Donnelly asked if I would participate since I had had some experience showing my work in a gallery setting. Of course, I was honored that he would consider me. Amy and Paul Martin, fellow photogs who, along with Sean and I, are members of the Mile High DPS social group, are also submitting some entries. All four of us, including Sean's wife, will attend the benefit where there will be food and live entertainment this coming Saturday.

For my submissions, I chose my top sellers, "Teri's Rose" and "Kristen's Surprise."



I hope these beautiful images will foster a sale so I can donate to the research center!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.