Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Morning Cartoons



I thought this What the Duck cartoon was applicable given my week covering the National Brotherhood of Skiers summit in Aspen/Snowmass. I had a ton of people asking me about my 5D and various lenses I was using during the event, namely about the massive 70-200 2.8 and the Gary Fong diffuser atop of my flash.

I must admit that I'm torn: many clients are impressed by camera equipment and often equate good equipment with a good photographer and good product. That means they might be more likely to book you based on your equipment alone. I've even had some clients ask about what set-up I'm using because they said they wanted to make sure I was using "professional grade" equipment instead of a point and shoot or dare I say it, a cell phone camera!

But at the same time, I wish more people understood that the quality of the pictures they receive is based on the photographer's skill, ingenuity and experience understanding how to get the kind of image wanted with whatever equipment they use. This popular thread on the Digital Photography School forum explains how other photographers handle this situation.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.