Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Get the Job Done: Shooting first bridal fitting



Today, I will be shooting my first bridal fitting session for Julie H. I offered this as a free service for Julie as part of her wedding coverage I will also be photographing on May 23.

I'm excited to be able to try shooting this important part of Julie and Joe's wedding because I believe the actual event is more than what takes place during the day of the actual nuptials. It's also all the fun things that lead up to the memory, including the bridal fitting, the dress rehearsal, and even the "spa pedicure" night Julie is hosting for her bridal party. Since both Julie and I enjoy candid photography, she has agreed to let me shoot all of the above on top of the actual wedding and formal wedding party portraits. While Julie will not be having a photographer shoot her small reception being held at a local Italian restaurant in honor of Joe's heritage, I think having these kinds of images will not only widen the "storytelling" I hope to showcase in my photojournalistic style coverage, but also give me some add some dimension to my wedding portfolio.

For the bridal fitting, I am envisioning largely black and white coverage to help promote a sense of timelessness to this wedding rite of passage. Julie has specifically asked for use of selective coloring in my images whenever the subject is appropriate, such as the lovely flower girl hairpins Julie is making herself. She told me the reason why she and Joe hired me was because of this popular image of Teri's Rose.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.