Saturday, April 11, 2009

This Weekend: Shooting my nephew's birthday party!



Yesterday, my nephew Elijah turned 1-years-old! Today, we will be hosting a birthday party/Easter egg hunt for him. He is such a joy to be around. And I'm honored to be shooting photos for his baby book. It will feel good to get the camera back in my hands, as this past month has largely been about editing the NBS photos, getting taxes done, revamping my website and meeting with clients to prepare for the weddings I'm covering next month. I couldn't wait to get up this morning just to start charging my batteries! It feels good to know that photography still feels me with such happiness and excitement. It has continued to be my saving grace.

Today I want to work on getting some candid shots, so I will be using my 75-300. I also want to get more storytelling, environment type shots, so I will also have my wide angle 16-35 and medium range 24-70 on hand. It's always good to shoot for fun so you can get those creative juices flowing. It should be tons of fun, but I will also have to remember to put my camera down every once in a while so I can simply enjoy the moment as a participant and not just a spectator. Eli will only be 1 once!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.