Saturday, November 7, 2009

This weekend: Pet Photography Workshop

Photo by Mike Haley
This weekend, I will finally get the chance to try something I've long been interested in -- pet photography!

Jaime Rowe of Jaime Rowe Photography pet shooter extraordinaire will be hosting a special workshop for Femme Photographie group members. Femme Photographie is a sub group of the larger umbrella Mile High Photographers group. Each month, one of the group's members tend to throw together a workshop where everyone has a chance to share their skills and learn together. I created one earlier this year for an engagement portrait workshop.

Jaime has gathered several furry models for us to photograph, and she promises to give us some of her pointers and tips for working with different types of dogs. So far, we have a border collie, a red heeler, a beagle/basset hound mix, and a maltese/poodle mix. I seriously thought about bringing trying to bring Raina and Isis, my husky and malamute, but my dogs are so crazed with energy that they would have thought it was social hour instead of being quiet and modeling for us.

I toyed with the idea of adding pet photography in my studio offerings, but then I decided that dealing with those pets' humans was work enough for me! :) I'm still looking forward to a chance to try shooting a new subject because it's pretty common for soon-to-be wedded couples or family portrait shoots to include their furry-loved ones in the shoot. So it would be good for me to learn how to catch and hold a pet's attention long enough to get a good shot.

So if you see several photographers chasing some dogs around Wash Park tomorrow afternoon, that would be us!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.