Saturday, November 21, 2009

This Weekend: WWA Night Photography With a Holiday Twist



Tonight, my friend and fellow photography Sean Donnelly and I will be attending a Night Photography class hosted by Working with Artists. The class will be held at Hudson Gardens and Event Center where we will be learning how to mix ambient setting sun sky light with an artificial holiday light display. I'm excited about shooting in a location I've never been before. Instructor Ellen Yeiser, known for her boundless energy, hopes that we will be able to do some shooting in downtown Littleton as well, given time constraints.

At just $25, this affordable course is an amazing deal, and I appreciate my buddy Sean letting me know about it. I haven't yet had the opportunity to take a class with Working With Artists, although I've had one of my photos on display there in it's gallery in the past. If I like this class, I intend to join the WWA's recently organized camera club called "Click!" that hopes to inspire passion for photography through outings and in-house programs presented by its members and visiting artists. For $35 a year we get:

Lectures presented by artists engaged by WWA to present workshops, local celebrity photographers and members
Peer critiques of favorite images
Photographic field trips followed by critiques of images taken on the trips. Examples of photographic outings include the Denver Botanic Gardens, the Denver Zoo, the Denver Art Museum, Hudson Gardens and so much more...
The WWA Photography Book Club
Periodic competitions
And Wine!

Meetings are planned for the third Thursday of each month, from 6 - 8 pm. Outings will usually occur on the weekends, with critiques following at the next third Thursday meeting.Dues associated with the club are as follows: Membership is $35 per year. Membership will be automatically included in a $100 membership level to WWA. To become a member of Click call 303 837 1341 or email click@workingwithartists.org

NEXT MEETING: November 19th @ WWA

Socializing: 6pm
Meeting: 6:30p - 8:30p
Program Agenda
2 Member Portfolio Critiques
Excective Committee Reports

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.