Saturday, February 16, 2008

Get the Goods: PayPerPost

I signed up for PayPer Post last week, and my final approvement came in today. A trusted colleague suggested I start a blog related to my photography business, Picture Your World Photography, and try to sell online advertisements on it. She pointed me to Blogger and PPP as the best way for me to get started. She thought I would have to wait until 90 days before PPP would approve my blog for their program. But it took less than a week before I received my acceptance email.

On my first day, I had 10 pages of advertising "opportunities" to read over. Clicking on the "All Opportunities" tab allows viewers to see what types of topics you might want to blog about, while the "Qualified Opportunities" shows you specific options that are available to you. Another way to quickly decide if an opportunity is good for you is to use PPP's color-coded system: white boxes are opportunities currently available to you; lime green is an available featured opportunity; gray is available but has all of its post fully reserved and pink boxes are no longer open.

My first qualified opportunity could net me $20 if PPP accepts my post on my blog, while special days like 1K Tuesdays could earn me $50 to $500 worth of paid opportunities. The money I get from my PPP blogs will be a forced savings plan to help me buy new equipment and finance photography tours that combine travel to great locations with one-on-one shooting instruction. Make your blogs work for you by signing up to payperpost.




No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.