Friday, February 29, 2008

Get Out There: Online Advertising

This week, I started my first advertising campaign for my company. I signed up for Google's Adwords so that my company ad will appear on relevant websites with keywords ranging from "denver galleries" to "little league sports." I get to choose how many times my ads appear based on a monthly payment budget. The process was definitely a lesson in restraint. How do you sum up all of your dreams and aspirations for your business in four lines? In the end, I used a tighter version of a slogan I had already unofficially been using:

MUNDANE OR MIRACULOUS?
Picture Your World Photography
captures your life moments.
picture-yourworld.com

I was totally psyched when I saw my ad appear on another blogger's site. The ads have led three potential clients directly to my business website. Now, I'm ready to go further; my next plan is to advertise in a local newsletter that all of Denver's community churches receive. A source told me that churches always need photogs to shoot events. I think it's a great target market for me to tap into. What do you think about the ad? Have any suggestions for ways to make it better?

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.