Sunday, February 24, 2008

Get the Job Done: Touch of Romance 2008 Fashion Show



This weekend, I finished editing shots I took at the "Touch of Romance Fashion Show" held in a local Denver area club. I was one of six photographers covering the event. Models were wearing fashions from Remo Men's Wear, Swim'n Sport and Cache.

As typical in clubs, the lighting was dark and intimate...which is great for patrons, but terrible for photographers! Lighting with strobes and on-camera flash was required; but the kinetic atmosphere made up for the poor illumination. I wanted to try to bring that same sense of excitement and playfulness into this image. What I like about this picture is the interaction between the models. Rick's facial expression makes him appear as if he's just been caught doing (or thinking in this case) something naughty. Viviana is gorgeous and the center of attention between these handsome men fighting over her, and Alex seems to be just moments away from kissing her. Even in my fashion shots, I strive for telling a story and expressing emotion.

Check out the rest of the images in my gallery. I wasn't paid for this assignment, but the experience was well worth it. I was able to add some great swimsuit shots and male portraits to my portfolio. And a contact from the show is looking into securing a paying gig for me at the next fashion show where his clothing line will being featured.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.