Friday, February 22, 2008

From My Portfolio



The frosted glass naturally diffused the sunlight streaming through this window, giving model Kim's complexion a dreamy, soft glow. The one thing that bothers me about this image is that Kim's right arm has been cropped. As the image is, I stuck to the general cropping rule that says to never crop at a joint. But if I were able to take this picture again, I would probably try backing up or using a wider angle lens to get more of Kim's body in the image. Getting closer to a subject is always a great recommendation for any photographer, too, or I could try cropping tighter to the model's face.

My workflow for editing this image in Photoshop CS3 included sharpening and using retouching plug-in called Portraiture. I made a duplicate layer I named "Glamour" and used the Portraiture plug-in which saves me a great deal of time in complexion healing and blemish retouching. I generally lower the opacity level of the duplicate layer to about 65 percent because a little bit of Portraiture can go a long way, leaving the model looking plastic and not very realistic in her beauty. Share your suggestions about how I could improve this image by leaving me a comment or emailing me.


No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.