Friday, September 11, 2009

This Weekend: Bridal workshop and senior portrait session



This weekend, I have two shoots scheduled, a bridal workshop in Colorado Springs on Saturday and a senior portrait session at the Lair 'O the Bear Park in Jefferson County.



The bridal workshop will feature several photographers from the Mile High Photography group shooting about three brides who will be modeling their dresses for us in a park in downtown Colorado Springs. My new friend and photography colleague Kristi Crosson said she was so inspired by a similar workshop I organized last month photographing engagement couples that she wanted to do the same thing with brides! I'm glad to be able to concentrate on shooting during the workshop whether than run and manage it. I think I did more directing than I did shooting!



It can be easy for photographers to get into a rut when they shoot session after session of clients. But being able to see what posing, lighting and editing techniques other photographers use while shooting the same subjects is extremely motivational and educational, helping to keep all our ideas and our imagery fresh. Plus, it should be fun to work with a model who is relaxed whether than overwhelmed (which is usually the case on an actual wedding day). I can't wait to experiment and try using my Speedlights again.

Then on Sunday, I will be shooting Lukas, another senior from Dakota Ridge High School and close buddy of Jordan, whose senior portraits I shot last month. Lukas and I were suppose to have this session late in August, but storms rained out out plans and forced a rescheduled. So far, Lukas has been the only senior this year to request an outdoor "green" session rather than an urban/cityscape one, so it will be fun to try out a new locale with my friend and colleague Sean Donnelly who will be my second shooter/assistant for the day.



Since Jordan referred Lukas to my studio, he received a coupon for $25 off additional prints or his next photo session. Turns out that Jordan's mom took the coupon so she can use it off a family portrait session she has scheduled for this fall! Who doesn't love happy, repeat customers!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Piellusch said...

You are one busy lady!! Hope it all is going well this weekend and can't wait to see the outdoor 'green' senior session. I love the outdoor green stuff. :)

PictureYourWorld said...

This weekend was great! I had so much fun at both shoots. The bridal session literally stopped traffic (I will explain that later) and the senior shot was exciting and relaxing all at the same time because of the amazing natural scenery. I will have those images up soon.

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.