Monday, March 10, 2008

An Aside: POTW -- Traditions

This week's POTW assignment is really wracking my brain. I have until Wednesday night to come up with a photo depicting a tradition. I think the hardest part of this is trying to figure out what a tradition is and what it means to the photographer. Then you've got to find or recreate the tradition to take pictures of it.

What immediately sprang to my mind was a family sitting down to eat dinner (a long lost tradition all in itself) and maybe stopping to have prayer before they eat. I also thought about blowing out candles on a birthday cake, quinceaneras, or placing flowers at a tombstone. I've gotten some of my friends to discuss the issue with me on the Digital Photo School blog.

What do you think I should try to photograph?

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.