Friday, March 28, 2008

Breaking News: First Client Contact Through A Link

I am happy to report that I received my first potential client contact today through a link on another website.

A client emailed me after she came across my website, which was linked here at the Slippers-N-Sliders Ski Club site. She is relocating her business to the Denver metro area and is interested in business and casual headshots.

You may remember that I was the official photographer for the National Black Skiers' annual summit which was held in January in Breckenridge. The Slippers-N-Sliders club is the local Colorado organization which attended the summit and posted links to my galleries of the photos I shot at the summit.

I wanted to share this information with my readers because I think it's a great example of how referrals can be the foundation of your photography business. As I grow and progress in my understanding of how to start and maintain a prosperous business, I think it is essential to have your name or brand be available to as many people through as many venues as possible. The Internet has made this a relatively easy process enabling us to provide links and other ways to connect, so you should take advantage of it whenever possible. You never know when an opportunity like this will land at your doorstep!

Thank you Slippers-N-Sliders for posting my galleries and for helping clients connect with me and my business.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.