Wednesday, December 3, 2008

From My Portfolio


"Daughter Love You!", originally uploaded by Sheba Wheeler.

I love this simple yet elegant shot. While wondering around capturing images during Kim and Michael's engagement party, I stopped by the guest book hoping to get a good detail shot.

While scanning through the signatures, I discovered this message “Daughter Love You!” left by either the future bride’s mother or father. To focus on it, I used a wide aperture and blurred out the rest of the signatures. Then I did some more selective focusing and blurring in Photoshop to bring out the message even more.

The black and white treatment makes this an instant classic that I hope the bride and groom will treasure forever. Don’t forget the importance of the detail shot in your overall plan for photographing an event. It’s the little things that matter!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.