Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Get the Goods: New Smug Mug Products to Offer My Clients

I can't tell you how pleased I am that I am a Smug Mug client. Their staff is amazing, and they continue to be a very innovative group of people who are up-to-date with the latest industry technology. They are also very responsive to the needs of professional photographers, particularly in offering products to help our businesses flourish. You can bet that if they don't offer a service you need right now, it won't be long until they get it.

The past few months have been stellar for the company, as it has introduced so many wonderful new items I am pleased to now be able to offer to my clients.

A few days ago I blogged about the new holiday cards. More specialty card designs are on the way.

Smug Mug has also introduced:

1) Metallic prints -- With a glossy finish and unique metallic appearance, these prints have extra visual interest and depth. They are printed on long-lasting Kodak Professional Endura Metallic paper.



This paper uses a proprietary combination of film laminate layers that produce striking, three-dimensional, lasting images on an ultra-bright background. The effect is sometimes described as "chrome on paper." You'll see extreme sharpness, brightness, and color saturation with an intense black density that increases its appeal. The proprietary laminate layers also increase the durability and tear resistance of the final print, increasing the opportunities for display applications. Available in 11 sizes, you're sure to find one that makes your photo pop!

2) Frames, poster collages, and new photo books --SmugMug has teamed with Imagekind and MyCanvas to provide very high quality framing and publishing options. (Take a look.) We are working on ways to add them to the pro pricing page for selling at a profit in the future.



I have had a lot of fun making holiday cards out of my own images, and I found the software a breeze to navigate. I can't wait to learn how to work with the newer products and make these a part of my client offering.

Smug Mug regularly take suggestions from members and are always looking to beef up their services. They are in the process of making print packages right now, which are definitely needed, and I hope they hook up with a company to provide slideshow dvds as well. One of the best business decisions I ever made was to set up my website with Smug Mug and participate in their photography forum, dgrin.com.

If you are looking for a site to host your business website, then I highly recommend Smug Mug. I look forward to having my company grow with their services.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.