Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Aside: Clients allergic to my studio!

Image credit: thecatzine.com

I never expected anything like this: Both of my clients on Saturday had allergic reactions to what I can only guess are my dogs and cat! My studio is in my basement, and while my pets aren't allowed down there, poor Mike and especially young Tyler were coughing, sneezing and having trouble breathing by the second hour into the shoot. I felt so bad, and I had no idea what to do.

Because of my own allergies and recently diagnosed asthma, I vacuum nearly every day during my pets shedding season, and I keep my medicine cabinet stocked with Claritin and Advair. Tyler was doing much better after a quick puff on his Advair, but I ended up cutting Mike's time in studio down before he had a full blown attack.

Thank goodness the last part of their shoot is scheduled to be outdoors on location. It boggles my mind that after two years of shooting in studio in my home, this is the first time I've ever had this situation happen. From now on, I will have to make it a normal part of my consultation to find out if potential clients may be allergic to my pets, because it definitely puts a terrible damper on their photo session experience. If you have pets, knowing how your clients will react to their dander is an important thing to consider! My client's mother is pleased with the shots, but that situation could have gone south very quickly! Pet owners, plan ahead!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.