Tuesday, April 29, 2008

From the Peanut Gallery



In an email Brian C. Wheeler writes:

"Loved your Denver Darkroom story. I was out blog surfing and came upon yours and started to read and can't tell you how much you described me to a Tee. Your writing put it really well. I also can't tell you how many photographers I've been intimidated by just because they have a $2,000 lens and have the additude to spare thing going. I've spent a great deal of time wasted about measuring up to someone else's standards when the only ones you need to worry about is your additude to self and God. I hope some jr highers come about to read this. Very cool story, Thanks!"

Hey there Brian, I couldn't have said it better myself! I think there is something in all of us that can't help but to try to see what the other guy/gals are shooting with. Sometimes I just want to drool and other times I'm jealous that I can't afford what they've got yet. All of these things we are feeling is normal human emotion. Allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling because I don't think emotions are good are bad, they just are.

But what I really like about what you wrote is the fact that you realized those emotions were limiting you, and you don't plan on letting that happen anymore. So I shoot with a Canon Rebel XTi. It's not the best camera out there, but it's the best that I could afford at the time, and I plan on getting everything out of it that I can until I can afford another camera. Sometimes you've just got to work with what you've got. You already know I'm one of those folks who thinks it's not about the type of equipment you use; it's about the photographer who is using the equipment. Good luck on your blog!

Check out Brian's entre into Blogdom on his new site.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.