Wednesday, April 2, 2008

POTW: Color



Here is an image from my portfolio that I am turning in today as my entry for the Colorado 4x4 Shutterbug forum's Photo of the Week. I took this over the weekend during a Flickr Colorado Strobist meetup. I can't tell you enough how great it has been working and learning from this terrific group of people. Strobist enjoy using lighting techniques with off-camera flash. The members of this particular group are very knowledgeable and willing to share their expertise as we all learn together.

This photo was achieved by taping a Canon flash with a purple gel onto the back of a motorcycle. Another flash was mounted on a stand camera right and triggered by a Pocket Wizard to create the silhouette. What's really cool about this is that I totally understood what I just said right now and a month ago I wouldn't have been able too. ;) It has been so much fun learning and mastering new techniques. If you haven't already done so, check out Flickr to see if there is a group operating in your area that can help you progress as well. Here is another image I took that weekend at the meetup.



I am also entering it in the monthly assignment contest, "It's All About the Light!" hosted by the Digital Photo Academy. (FYI folks, the DPA's contest is open to all shooters, so submit something already! And remember, the winner who is selected will be part of the 12 assignment images that will be on display in museums, galleries and studios around the country. Yours truly won the first month's assignment, "The Allure of Water" with the following image:

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.