Friday, April 25, 2008

This Weekend: Shooting a Wedding Expo



This Sunday I will hopefully get a chance to break into wedding photography since I will be one of the lead photographers at the inaugural "Forever Yours Diamonds & Chocolate Wedding Expo."



The event will be the second time I've worked with Remo Men's Wear, Cache' and Swim N Sports, all clothing stores in a local area malls. But I'm especially looking forward to making inroads with companies involved in aspects of the wedding industry, including D&K Jewelers and Chocolate Thoughts Catering. It will be a great opportunity to network with potential clients who will be attending the event. Several hundred are expected to attend.



Last year, I shot pictures at a very informal re-dedication ceremony for one couple who had been married for 50 years, but wanted to renew their vows. I was hoping to book more weddings, but instead, my portraiture and coverage of community events picked up, keeping me busy well through the winter holidays. I'm hoping that the extra six months of experience under my belt will give me the confidence and the skills to try again. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your opportunity to shoot at the wedding expo! Wedding shoots are one of the best kinds of photo shoots to do, in my opinion. You have any suggestions on networking with businesses for photo services especially the bigger business names from local malls or expos?

PictureYourWorld said...

Hey there Jessica. This is a great question and I think I will answer it in a QandA format next week if that's OK. When I do, I will list your question and post a link to your blog as well!

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.