Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Get the Job Done: Auraria Campus Gear and Logos Shoot



Whew...talk about a busy weekend! I shot three photo sessions with Auraria Higher Education Center students modeling university gear and logos for Metropolitan State College of Denver, Community College of Denver and University of Colorado Denver. Marketing directors plan to use the images to advertise the clothing line. And several of my photos will be displayed in large 20x30 poster size prints around the Tivoli Student Center as part of that marketing effort!



I have only touched the surface of the 400 or so images I need to sort through, but my contact at the campus is already requesting a CD today of the first 25 images I've processed. I've included some of my favorites from the shoots held Saturday, Sunday and Monday.



Seems they are in a hurry to get some newer images up as soon as possible, which is understandable given the fact that many of the ads they have up now were shots taken in the 1970s and 1980s. The original images lack the diversity in student population that exists on campus now. So it was important that we showcased the fact that a large percentage of the student body consists of ethnic minorities, including a growing Latino population and nontraditional students, such as seniors and the mother featured below with her daughter.






One of my main jobs will be to gradually update those images with some fresh perspective of how the campus buildings and students look now. I've got to get a shot of someone pounding away on their laptop since nearly every student has one. And I think this photo I took on Monday showing a group of students all texting or talking on their cell phones portrays the current environment of the Auraria Campus.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.