Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Get the Goods: Outdoor Portraits Instructional Videos

Cincinnati professional photographer Jim Talkington's blog, prophotolife.com recently released a three-part series on outdoor portraiture that I have found extremely useful for posing and mixing ambient light with on location strobes.


episode 25, outdoor portraits #1 from Jim Talkington on Vimeo.


episode 26, outdoor portraits #2 from Jim Talkington on Vimeo.


Episode 27, Outdoor Portraits #3 from Jim Talkington on Vimeo.



The videos also convinced me that I need to buy a Calumet Calumet 42x78" Aluminum Frame with Translucent Fabric and Leg Set and a Calumet 42 x 78" (107 x 198cm) Gold/White Panel Fabric.





Having those items on hand will make it much easier for me to bounce and diffuse light without bugging my client's friends to act as assistants for me. I think I will also take Jim's advice and start using my 70-200mm instead of my 16-35 which distorts a subject's features.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.