Friday, September 26, 2008

This Weekend: Editing Images from Denver, Food and Wine Classic



This weekend, I will finish up editing the photos from the Denver, Food and Wine Classic event I covered for the Auraria Higher Education Center. These photos are looking great and I'm very proud of them so far, so I believe the media relations director will be pleased too. She intends to use them on the AHEC website to promote the center as a great venue for multiple events, including weddings and festivals.

I'm not sure why I love the shot above, but it's one of my favorites so far from the event. Every person who attended the food and wine classic received this commemorative glass that fit snugly into a plastic plate -- a perfect set designed for taste-testing. Throughout the day, these glasses overflowed with some of the best tasting alcoholic beverages I've ever had. And while I took photos of people entering the event and being handed the glasses and plates by volunteers, this fun shot of a volunteer holding up one of the glasses just better captures the moment for me.

I'm going to take advantage of the lull in photography assignments for a few weeks to do some advertising of my own for the upcoming holiday season. I also plan on getting back into some classes and "shoot and greets" with some fellow colleagues. One of my favorite things about photography is the opportunities for continuous learning....everyday there is something new to help make me a better photographer!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.