Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Get the Job Done: Photos On Display in Denver Deli

Before the end of the week, at least half a dozen of my images will be on display and available for purchase at the Heidi's Deli in downtown Denver! The wedding kept me pretty busy. But as soon as it was over, I turned my attention back to getting some images up before the Democratic National Convention converges in Denver at the end of August. Read this announcement post and the follow-up post as well to catch up on how I came about this very cool way to get exposure for my fledgling business.



Five of my photos are already hanging up, all in black frames and white matting. I've included some of the ones I will be hanging in the shop in this blog. My buddies who work at the store said people have already been gathering around the images and asking questions about them. I will have prices and my business cards up as well as information about the other services I provide, since deli owner Marty requested primarily landscapes and Denver cityscape images.

The idea is this: With so many people coming to town for the DNC, Marty thinks people will be looking for Denver/Colorado souvenirs to take home with them. So Marty specifically asked for tourist oriented shots of the city and mountain area. But I will be featuring one portrait, "Teri's Rose" since Marty loves that shot and thinks it will also let people know that I take portraits and studio shots.



Oddly enough, I couldn't get Marty to agree to take a commission from any of these sales. But I'm going to give him his favorite image of the triple waterfalls from Rifle Falls State Park as a gift and thank you for allowing me this opportunity to show my work. Shhh! Don't tell him! It's a secret!

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.