Thursday, May 29, 2008

Breaking News: Quantum Battery Blowout or Faulty Speedlite? Part 2

Earlier this week, I posted up about my Quantum Turbo 2X2 battery charger and the short circuit it may have caused in my 580EXII Speedlite. I am very thankful for the staff at Denver Pro Photo who quickly refunded my money for the questional battery charger as well as the sync cord without any argument or hassle.

They tried using the pack on a Nikon flash, and it worked well. It could also be possible that my flash was faulty; I have yet to hear from Canon about whether my own flash can be revived. Staff confirmed using a third-party product could cause a malfunction, however other wedding photographers have used the Quantum product the same way I hoped to use it without any issues.

Either way, I feel more comfortable now knowing that I got my money back and a new Canon-appropriate CP-E4 battery pack will be arriving soon. Maybe this is just a way for Canon to get people to only buy other Canon products instead of relying on third-party items, and maybe my Speedlite was faulty to begin with. I just hope the Quantum dealers might be willing to offer Denver Pro Photo some type of compensation for their time and efforts as well. As long as I have SOME flash to work with during the wedding, I will be more at ease.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.