Monday, May 26, 2008

Get the Job Done: Gearing Up for My First Wedding Shoot

The nightmares have already begun. Last night, I dreamt that I was shooting at the bride's house, but I couldn't get my camera to fire. All of these wonderful moments were passing me by....the bride getting dressed, the bride coming down the stairs in her wedding gown for the first time, relatives arriving and hugging and kissing. To make it worse, the bride kept asking to see the photos on the LCD screen and all I had to show her were blank, black screens....

I think the only way to quell some of my irrational worries and anxieties are to keep honing my skills. To do that, I'm going to spend the entire week reading up on wedding tips and techniques and reporting what I've learned here. I've been getting a lot of compliments about the shots I took of the bride in studio, so I will use those comments as encouragement as well.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.