Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Get the Goods: Who is Pilfering Your Images Online?

A disturbing post from my blogger buddy and fellow photog Dave Scott frightened me: one of his images was hijacked by another web page! He discovered it while looking through some log files that noted a reference to his images and a referrer page which was not on his website. Dave was able to put a copyright on his image, but it got me to thinking about how I could find my own images possibly being pilfered on other sites without my permission.


I read up on this image search engine currently in beta from TinEye that allows you to type in the URL of a photo and find it on the web. I am currently on their private wait-list. I've read from other bloggers that it usually takes about 10 minutes before your invitation is approved, so once I get in, I'll try it out and let you know what I found. Until then, you can read more information from Webware.com and a review by Howard Grill.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.