Friday, May 9, 2008

Get the Job Done: Shooting My First Wedding

While I was at the wedding expo, I reconnected with a previous client I worked with last year. I took the photos during her parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary re-dedication ceremony where they renewed their vows. Now, one of her friends is getting married, and she asked if I could take those pictures as well.



I accepted the assignment, and the wedding will be May 31. I've been busy this week doing some research about wedding photography, since this will be my first official wedding shoot. To gauge my cost of service, I checked to see what local photographers are charging. Prices seem to range from $1,000 to $3,500; so I'm going to aim for something in between. I've also asked my boyfriend to assist me as a second shooter for broader coverage.



To understand what type of photos I should be thinking about capturing, I got some great recommendations ironically enough from this Take Great Pictures article giving brides-to-be advice on how to choose a good photographer. One of my specialities is being able to capture emotion, so I'm not worried about that. I will meet with the couple to get a better idea of what they are looking for as well.

No comments:

Best Posts

Picture Your World Photography is a premiere photographer in the Denver, Colorado Photographer community on MarketingTool.com.